Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look At This MFer...Irritating.

+2
archer1983
JC-XT
6 posters

Go down

Look At This MFer...Irritating. Empty Look At This MFer...Irritating.

Post by JC-XT Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:59 pm

Boys, I went out and pulled a few of my treestands over the weekend and didn't find any sheds, but I did unfortunately find this. It looks like he had been dead for a few months, so I'm kicking myself for not getting out there sooner before the rack got all chewed up. I thought I had this buck patterned last year, I knew where he was bedding and had a stand over his scrape and rub line in a creekbottom funnel. I found him exactly in the spot where I thought he had been bedding, I walked right to him. There was nothing left of him but this, every other bone and piece of hide was completely gone so I don't know if he was shot, hit by a car or what.

The rodents did a number on him, but by putting a conservative tape to his rack and comparing it to what he looked like alive I came up with a gross typical score of 155 when he was alive. This is obviously a rough estimate but I think it's pretty close. His main beams were almost 24 inches and his base circumferences were just under 7 inches. I was hoping he would come by my stand last year, now I'm really regretting not getting him since all he ended up doing was feeding coyotes and rodents. It's hard to tell from the pic and with the rodent damage, but he would have been a mainframe ten with a couple of stickers and one split G2, he would have looked good on my wall with one of my arrows laying in his antlers. Crying or Very sad

Look At This MFer...Irritating. 100_1941
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Look At This MFer...Irritating. Empty Re: Look At This MFer...Irritating.

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:03 pm

that sucks Jack...
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:07 pm

Nice deer man. I feel for you.

I was telling Stephen about the huge whitetail here in New Mexico. We have seen some ove rthe years that would go 180" or better. A guy killed one where we hunt mulies about 4 years ago that went 198". I have a shed I found back in December while we were pheasant hunting that i will post a pic of when the wife gets home. I'll let you whitetail experts tell me if I should go out and kill him this year. It's all private property and nobody else can hunt it. Wink
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

http://www.starrflight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 pm

I really wanted this deer because he had some character, I was him a few times but never within bow range. I liked the way his main beams had different angles and his split G2 and a couple of kickers were cool. I'm still waiting to shoot a big ol' gnarly nontypical and I thought this deer would have made a nice start in that direction. Plus, it's always cool to shoot a 150+ whitetail. I haven't done it in about 15 years. I'm planning on fixing that situation this year though, since I finally got off my ass and acquired a better hunting spot. I'll be passing up all those 120-30 inch deer I have been shooting...and then I'll probably be enjoying some medium rare tag backstraps at the end of the year. No
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:32 pm

shit, i wish i could SEE a deer that big close,,,alive too, seen a few good racks at bass pro,,and i am going there in a bit to shoot my bow. Look At This MFer...Irritating. 379798
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Hey, that's a pretty cool find. Sure beats watching a deer for awhile only to find his skull with a notch sawed off where his antlers used to be....all about 30 yards from the road.
Sneaky
Sneaky

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:47 pm

Sneaky wrote:Hey, that's a pretty cool find. Sure beats watching a deer for awhile only to find his skull with a notch sawed off where his antlers used to be....all about 30 yards from the road.

I guess so.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by old graybeard Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:17 am

What a waste Sad He look's like he would have been a great buck to put a tag on.
old graybeard
old graybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:22 pm

old graybeard wrote:What a waste Sad He look's like he would have been a great buck to put a tag on.

It's a shame he wasn't recovered, I'll be looking for his big brother this fall. It just stinks that I had such a good feel for his bedding area and travel routes, but I didn't get permission to hunt the property until December at an office Christmas party. Then I missed all of January because of my surgery, so I only spent about a total of 6-7 hours on stand over three different days out there last season. It's a little piece of property, but I think it has real potential if I hunt it right and keep everyone else out of there.
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:56 pm

JC-XT wrote:
old graybeard wrote:What a waste Sad He look's like he would have been a great buck to put a tag on.

It's a shame he wasn't recovered, I'll be looking for his big brother this fall. It just stinks that I had such a good feel for his bedding area and travel routes, but I didn't get permission to hunt the property until December at an office Christmas party. Then I missed all of January because of my surgery, so I only spent about a total of 6-7 hours on stand over three different days out there last season. It's a little piece of property, but I think it has real potential if I hunt it right and keep everyone else out of there.

amn law , i want PICS, i am betting you got tits,,in your back no less Razz
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:32 pm

jkcerda wrote:
JC-XT wrote:

amn law , i want PICS, i am betting you got tits,,in your back no less Razz

Bilateral open hernia surgery. I have five ugly scars from an aborted laparoscopic surgery that turned into open surgery, the good news the scars are in the front and right in the area you would probably love to get a close up view of.

I'm about 99% sure I herniated myself by being stupid and repeatedly dragging 200+ pound deer out of ravines by myself. I don't think I'm going to do that anymore. Embarassed
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 pm

ahhh man, I thought you finally got those boobs we were talking about tongue
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum