Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Invite.....

+3
nebling
jkcerda
Stump Shooter
7 posters

Go down

Open Invite..... Empty Open Invite.....

Post by Stump Shooter Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:59 am

There's only a few select "cool" guys here, so I know that I'm probably ok by saying this........

If any of you boys are ever up in MN, be sure to look me up! Always cool to put a face to a name. 1st 12 pack is on me! lol
Stump Shooter
Stump Shooter

http://www.TheMidwestHunter.com

Back to top Go down

Open Invite..... Empty Re: Open Invite.....

Post by jkcerda Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:34 am

Stump Shooter wrote:There's only a few select "cool" guys here, so I know that I'm probably ok by saying this........

If any of you boys are ever up in MN, be sure to look me up! Always cool to put a face to a name. 1st 12 pack is on me! lol

ummm, sounds good
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:39 pm

Stump Shooter wrote:There's only a few select "cool" guys here, so I know that I'm probably ok by saying this........

Just send me a 12 pack, and I'll send you a picture! Very Happy

Open Invite..... 527368

still awaiting some home brew lagers from Mark...........
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:21 pm

nebling wrote:

Open Invite..... 527368

is that the second time I've seen that not-so-subtle request?

I'm working on accumulating a "battery" so I can send a few different types out when I send instead of 3 or 4 of the same thing.......also waiting till I brew something my kids'll drink, so I know it's watery enough for Marcus and Stephen...... Razz
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:24 pm

As for the rest, I've always said there's an open invite here also, for any of you sick puppies.....

nobody's come yet except Juan, who snuck into WI in my suitcase. I tried to tell him he could just come along, but he missed the old ways.....sometimes he even asks me and my wife to put in green outfits, bust down the basement door shouting "La Migra!", and handcuff him and cart him across the state line and drop him in IL and let him sneak back.....
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:25 pm

markalbob wrote:
nebling wrote:

Open Invite..... 527368

I'm working on accumulating a "battery" so I can send a few different types out when I send instead of 3 or 4 of the same thing.......also waiting till I brew something my kids'll drink, so I know it's watery enough for Marcus and Stephen...... Razz

Open Invite..... 527368

I'm more curious as to how "home-brew" beer tastes, and why more people wouldn't do it.. I guess it just fascinates me to think that guys make their OWN beer in their basement or garage.
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:32 pm

markalbob wrote:As for the rest, I've always said there's an open invite here also, for any of you sick puppies.....

nobody's come yet except Juan, who snuck into WI in my suitcase. I tried to tell him he could just come along, but he missed the old ways.....sometimes he even asks me and my wife to put in green outfits, bust down the basement door shouting "La Migra!", and handcuff him and cart him across the state line and drop him in IL and let him sneak back.....

thanks, that what actually makes me feel at home clown
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:50 pm

markalbob wrote:As for the rest, I've always said there's an open invite here also, for any of you sick puppies.....

Well then, if you're going to go as far as Illinois, you might as well drop him off on JAck's front porch! Open Invite..... 379798
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:52 pm

nebling wrote:
markalbob wrote:
nebling wrote:

Open Invite..... 527368

Open Invite..... 527368

I'm more curious as to how "home-brew" beer tastes, and why more people wouldn't do it.. I guess it just fascinates me to think that guys make their OWN beer in their basement or garage.

It tastes however you make it--that's part of why I wanted a couple different kinds. I'd ideally send something dark, something light and "plain", something Belgian and a hefe, for example, because they are 4 very different types. Good homebrew is as good or better than store-bought, although my last hefe tastes like soap from a keg that I apparently didn't rinse enough.... Embarassed (bottled 1 gallon of it and that was GREAT). I've done an IPA that tasted like an IPA, for example, a porter which was a typical porter, a couple hefes, a cream ale, etc--they all came out true to style. I use the smae grain/extract/yeast as Paulaner, Sierra Nevada, etc. so I can make the same caliber of end-product.

I think most folks don;t do it because of all the "keep it sterile" crap you see--sterility IS an issue, but I've got 10 years working in a cell culture hood and a few doing it at home to grow mushrooms using sterile technique, beer is pretty easy compared to petri and cell cultures. Never, ever had an infected batch yet......
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:53 pm

nebling wrote:

Well then, if you're going to go as far as Illinois, you might as well drop him off on JAck's front porch! Open Invite..... 379798

when Juan and I go to Jack's place I want Juan unencumbered. I suspect it would be prudent to have one of us waiting at the back door when the other knocks......
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:58 pm

markalbob wrote:
nebling wrote:

when Juan and I go to Jack's place I want Juan unencumbered. I suspect it would be prudent to have one of us waiting at the back door when the other knocks......

Luckily I have really nosy neighbors who are also heavily armed. Whenever someone visits my house my neighbor will tell me later "I had him in my scope the whole time".

Kinda makes me feel safe...kinda makes me a little nervous. Open Invite..... 183542
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:58 pm

oh, ill be waiting at his "back door" alright Razz
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:59 pm

LOL, your neighors think i am the gardener Razz
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gobbleinwoods Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:59 pm

jkcerda wrote:LOL, your neighors think i am the gardener Razz

you de-flowerer you. Shocked
gobbleinwoods
gobbleinwoods
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:09 pm

gobbleinwoods wrote:

you de-flowerer you. Shocked

only once, everyone else has be de-flowered already Sad
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:11 pm

Thats funny juan because the other day I thought i spotted u on your porch so i took a picture of you, then you flipped me off because i told you that you were the reason our taxes were so high!!!!
Open Invite..... Mexica11
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:16 pm

LOL ,my two uncles & 2 broters Razz
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum