Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If anyone wants to hunt in Ohio with me...

+2
Illustrator
archer1983
6 posters

Go down

If anyone wants to hunt in Ohio with me... Empty If anyone wants to hunt in Ohio with me...

Post by archer1983 Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:20 pm

I found some information here...

http://www.ohiogameandfish.com/hunting/whitetail-deer-hunting/oh_aa123903a/

There are also several hot spots down here just a few miles from my house....

I know the public hunting around me is not any good because its wayyyy overcrowded. The link is to a county in central ohio. SOme of the best bucks in the state come from this particular county.
If anyone is interested I thought about going on a road trip this year. Since I will have to get a frame pack anyways maybe we could just camp out for a few days.

I'm pretty good at reading topographic maps and can also interpret aerials.
Anyone interested?
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

If anyone wants to hunt in Ohio with me... Empty Re: If anyone wants to hunt in Ohio with me...

Post by Illustrator Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:08 am

I'd be interested, but all my extra cash is going to sheep and getting my wife on a deer this year..... Crying or Very sad
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

If anyone wants to hunt in Ohio with me... Empty Re: If anyone wants to hunt in Ohio with me...

Post by Q!! Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:34 pm

I might be up there this year man. Gonna see what kind of time I have depending on how many hunts I draw out for. If I have time I'll be there. Already talked with Michael and Noel about doing some hunting up there.
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

http://www.starrflight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:15 am

hmm, big Ohio whitetail? It depends on what all I draw out for this year as well. If I draw half of what I hope to I'll be a busy boy and I want to make sure I have the time set aside for sheep camp. If I draw goose egg there's a chance I can make it out there. I have a friend up in Toledo I want to see anyways.

mangler
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:20 am

wow, sharing a tent with archer on a hunt,,,,,,umm,,wait, are you asking cause you need a chaperone? Razz
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:36 am

His mom will probably be there to make sure we don't drink too much and eat right and get to bed on time. hmmm, it might be worth going on that hunt, it's been a while since I had someone else to take care of me while I was hunting.

mangler
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:59 am

mangler wrote:hmm, big Ohio whitetail? It depends on what all I draw out for this year as well. If I draw half of what I hope to I'll be a busy boy and I want to make sure I have the time set aside for sheep camp. If I draw goose egg there's a chance I can make it out there. I have a friend up in Toledo I want to see anyways.

I'm one hour south of Toledo!

Along with Brad's invite. I can attest, that there are some great Whitetails in Ohio, but the majority of the herds are concentrated in the eastern and Southern part of Ohio. There are "some" dandy's up around me, but few and far between. Good public land can be had during "BOW" season! If anyone wants to hunt in Ohio with me... 879581
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:07 am

Right Noel, some areas are better than other. I would be more than willing to go out early and do the "ground" pounding for ya all. Not saying I can get you a shot at world class white tail but if ya come down in the early bow season some good hunting can be had. Most of my private hunting spots are by permission only and the landowner already stated that I was the only one.... Sad otherwise I would take all ten of you out and go on a massive killing spree. LOL if anyone is interested I can probably get a week off in late Oct. early Nov. which is obviously the best time. Got lots of time just let me know. Dont have a clue what it costs for licensing and all that stuff I refuse to buy tags or a license for the state that I live in. Wink
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down