Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D, whos into it?

+4
Illustrator
Hoyt1986
nebling
archer1983
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3D, whos into it? Empty 3D, whos into it?

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:08 am

Who out there enjoys 3d?

I, myself have had a hard time getting into it. I enjoy the occasional shoot from time to time.

I look to get into it more this summer.

Lets hear your thoughts. Cool
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

3D, whos into it? Empty Re: 3D, whos into it?

Post by nebling Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:11 am

I swear every summer I'm gonna do it with my sons, but time/money whatever always stops me from it. I'd love to make a day of it with the whole family, but man theres always so much going on with three kids........
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:15 am

you guys have a lot of clubs and ranges where you live?
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:15 am

I guess you can call it that if you consider 3-d standing on the back porch and shooting an academy 3d target 20, 30, 40, and 50 yrds..............................
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:17 am

Hoyt1986 wrote:I guess you can call it that if you consider 3-d standing on the back porch and shooting an academy 3d target 20, 30, 40, and 50 yrds..............................

I like doing that more.

backyard shooting is a lot more relaxing to me.

you can just shoot at your own pace and take breaks when you want to Cool
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am

archer1983 wrote:you guys have a lot of clubs and ranges where you live?

UMM, not that I really know of. I believe there is one about 30min from me, and I know of one that is another 30min from me, but that's it. Nothing really that close. In time, I hope to set my own course up at my new house! 3D, whos into it? 879581
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:30 am

I could tell by your new house thread that you could definetly get 86 yards...

that balcony you mentioned would be perfect. pale

that would be awesome man, and an annual shoot for sheep campers. Wink 3D, whos into it? 183542
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:35 am

archer1983 wrote:I could tell by your new house thread that you could definetly get 86 yards...

that balcony you mentioned would be perfect. pale

that would be awesome man, and an annual shoot for sheep campers. Wink 3D, whos into it? 183542

Yeah, the nice thing about building is incorporating all the cool stuff you want into it. The deck will be a two-fold purpose! Wink

The property drops down about 12ft in the back and with a deck 10ft in the air, will be about a 40yd downhill shot (20-25ft)

I've already got it planned out! Very Happy
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

3D, whos into it? Empty WE HAVE TO BEST RANGE EVERERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Post by Hoyt1986 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:35 am

archer1983 wrote:
Hoyt1986 wrote:I guess you can call it that if you consider 3-d standing on the back porch and shooting an academy 3d target 20, 30, 40, and 50 yrds..............................

I like doing that more.

backyard shooting is a lot more relaxing to me.

you can just shoot at your own pace and take breaks when you want to Cool

3D, whos into it? 879581 Yep thats why i do that!!! However, about 5min from my house we have the BADEST archery range EVERRRRRRRRRR!! It is called virtual archery. It is a computer based archery shoot. K, here is what happens. You go into a room that is pitch black, except for a light for you to stand under to see your pins and of course the BIG SCREEN that is about 25 yrds from you. Then the guy turns the game on and the computer projests ACTUAL footage of deer, hogs, bear, turkeys. ect......on the big screen. And then, you draw and shoot them. Before the game you have to replace your field points with rubber tips so you dont mess up his EXPENSIVE setup. After each shot the game pauses and shows you where you hit! OOO yeah, it in AIR CONDITION ALSO!!!! idk but in my opinion i feel like i am sitting on the stand and actually hunting theses babys!! ITS is really unexplainable, until you experience it for yourself!!!! AND, he charges 5 dollars for 20min of shooting!
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:39 am

I have done that, before, I found it difficult to line everything up correctly.

Its fun though 3D, whos into it? 879581
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:40 am

My club is about 5 minutes from me, and my rile club is about 10 minutes away.

We have an indoor range out to about 30 yards, and outdoor range out to 30, plus a 30 target course. Bag targets, out to about 40 yards, plus they set up the McKenzies in front of the bags for the 3D shoots. It;s nice cause you can shoot half the course and that brings you right back to the building where you can get a snack and soda before shooting the rest.

I like 3D... a little of the competitive thing, plus just to get outside and get to shoot different targets in different settings. We have everything from crocodiles to buffalo.

We have some shops around here that have the Techno Shoot as well. I've sene it, but never shot it. I'd really like to, but they're usually booked up 2-4 weeks in advance. It's $24 per hour to shoot it, but 3-4 guys can shoot at the same time and split the cost.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:45 am

Illustrator wrote:My club is about 5 minutes from me, and my rile club is about 10 minutes away.

We have an indoor range out to about 30 yards, and outdoor range out to 30, plus a 30 target course. Bag targets, out to about 40 yards, plus they set up the McKenzies in front of the bags for the 3D shoots. It;s nice cause you can shoot half the course and that brings you right back to the building where you can get a snack and soda before shooting the rest.

I like 3D... a little of the competitive thing, plus just to get outside and get to shoot different targets in different settings. We have everything from crocodiles to buffalo.

We have some shops around here that have the Techno Shoot as well. I've sene it, but never shot it. I'd really like to, but they're usually booked up 2-4 weeks in advance. It's $24 per hour to shoot it, but 3-4 guys can shoot at the same time and split the cost.

I really enjoyed it man. You ought to give it a shot. 3D, whos into it? 879581
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:51 am

I really enjoy shooting 3D with my friends, but we never go to a club or range to do it. We're all pretty anti-social, so we just set up to shoot in the backyard, we have enough room to shoot 86 yards when we need to...which is whenever we can hear something drinking. END OF STORY!!!

We always compete against each other, but it's friendly and we have a ton of fun doing it. I just find it more relaxing that way compared to shooting around a bunch of people I don't know.
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:04 am

Hoyt, I plan on it. Like I said, it's really popular so being able to get scheduled in is tough.... all the openings they have are when I'm working!
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:11 am

Illustrator wrote:Hoyt, I plan on it. Like I said, it's really popular so being able to get scheduled in is tough.... all the openings they have are when I'm working!

Man that sucks..........I know whenever i want to do it i just walk through the door and shoot hardley no body ever there......You can always make a trip down to louisiana if you want tooo.....Just think misquitoes, and HUMIDITY!!!!!! whats there to miss!!
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:12 am

I think I'll pass.... I get all of that here in MI... and snow on top of it all...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:13 am

It hasnt really caught on here yet either.

Mainly because a lot of folks dont know about it or are not willing to try it.

Whenever I did it I went alone and was actually pretty tired afterwards. I had limited time between shots, but i can see where it would be fun with a group of people. 3D, whos into it? 879581
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:16 am

archer1983 wrote:It hasnt really caught on here yet either.

Whenever I did it I went alone and was actually pretty tired afterwards. I had limited time between shots, but i can see where it would be fun with a group of people. 3D, whos into it? 879581

Especially when you are playing for $50............................Makes things quite interesting!!
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by old graybeard Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:22 am

I shoot 3-D all the time,actually year round along with indoor spots. I guess I'm a shooting nut but I just enjoy it. I did taper back to only shooting in one league though and a few years ago I had to back away from it for months to get over target panic :shock:Since my best friend and shooting partner got killed I've pretty much stuck with back yard shooting in the last year or two but still enjoy attending a shoot now and then. Get's expensive when you get in so deep that you need a special rig all setup just for 3-D but it is addicting.
old graybeard
old graybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:26 am

Graybeard,

I'm a member of Thorny Acres up in Elsie. Our shoots are the first weekend of each month. I just hoot with my hunting rig. I;ll extend an invite to you to come up and shoot. It's $8 per person, and it's a lot of fun... plus I'd like to meet ya!
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:35 am

Hoyt1986 wrote:

Especially when you are playing for $50............................Makes things quite interesting!!

well i didnt get charged for the shoot. They were just getting it set-up the day before I was there. There were some problems with the readability of the sensors or something. So it was free, but tiring.
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:38 am

archer1983 wrote:
Hoyt1986 wrote:

well i didnt get charged for the shoot. They were just getting it set-up the day before I was there. There were some problems with the readability of the sensors or something. So it was free, but tiring.

No what i meant is that my friends and I BET on these shoots, and not to brag but they always seem to give there money to me!!!! lol!
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by old graybeard Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Illustrator wrote:Graybeard,

I'm a member of Thorny Acres up in Elsie. Our shoots are the first weekend of each month. I just hoot with my hunting rig. I;ll extend an invite to you to come up and shoot. It's $8 per person, and it's a lot of fun... plus I'd like to meet ya!

Count on it Steve. Once the weather mellows out and I get caught up on things let's do it. I'm pretty much slammed for a few weeks, I've got a few thousand trees to plant and a couple food plots to put in but then I'll be free.
old graybeard
old graybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:15 pm

old graybeard wrote:

Count on it Steve. Once the weather mellows out and I get caught up on things let's do it. I'm pretty much slammed for a few weeks, I've got a few thousand trees to plant and a couple food plots to put in but then I'll be free.

Nice, good morning man.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by old graybeard Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:18 pm

jkcerda wrote:
old graybeard wrote:

Nice, good morning man.

How's everyone been doing? Seems like I keep getting a pile of work to do lately so I've been occupied study
old graybeard
old graybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum