Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Was Right With The World...For A Little While At Least

+3
Hoyt1986
nebling
JC-XT
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All Was Right With The World...For A Little While At Least - Page 2 Empty Re: All Was Right With The World...For A Little While At Least

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:45 pm

nebling wrote:
jkcerda wrote:4 blades = more cutting area, not that you need it, but it sure is nice, the buck I shot was squirting blood,.

How do you figure? The diameter is the same, it just adds one more slice within that diameter. Explain why the Two Blade SF's are so good then? All Was Right With The World...For A Little While At Least - Page 2 183542
honey, I never said they were not good, 4 blades cut more, SF are also good, proves you dont need more than 2 blades.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

All Was Right With The World...For A Little While At Least - Page 2 Empty Re: All Was Right With The World...For A Little While At Least

Post by nebling Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:45 pm

jkcerda wrote:muzzy makes a 4 blade, I wonder how good it flies, I never got my muzzy's to fly good out of the apex or brute, I gave them to Mark, 2 new PKG's, had one laying around & shot it with my Guardian,,they flew beutiful, tried a FOB same deal.
guess i set up my guardian a bit better than the other bows.

It's called "BROADHEAD TUNING" Juan!
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:46 pm

jkcerda wrote:
nebling wrote:
jkcerda wrote:4 blades = more cutting area, not that you need it, but it sure is nice, the buck I shot was squirting blood,.

How do you figure? The diameter is the same, it just adds one more slice within that diameter. Explain why the Two Blade SF's are so good then? All Was Right With The World...For A Little While At Least - Page 2 183542
honey, I never said they were not good, 4 blades cut more, SF are also good, proves you dont need more than 2 blades.

Tell it to Jack! I LOVE my three Blade Montecs!
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Motecs look awesome,is I did not like my tricks I would most likely go with them.

as far as BH tunning, i did not bother once i started shooting the ST's.
i did not need to.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:01 pm

jkcerda wrote:Motecs look awesome,is I did not like my tricks I would most likely go with them.

as far as BH tunning, i did not bother once i started shooting the ST's.
i did not need to.

All this comotion about BH tuning..........Just go out and get you some spitfires and be done with it!! I shot a deer this year at 60 yrds (I know i am an unethical bastard) and it was a complete pass through AND the deer ran 10yrds and bit the dust! Also every deer i have shot with them havent managed to make it very far!!!! OOO yea and they fly true, just like my filedpoints. So take yalls montecs and tape 25 cents to them and toss them on the side of the road that way when somebody finds them at least they will have 25 cents!!!! Razz
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:04 pm

Hoyt1986 wrote:

All this comotion about BH tuning..........Just go out and get you some spitfires and be done with it!! I shot a deer this year at 60 yrds (I know i am an unethical bastard) and it was a complete pass through AND the deer ran 10yrds and bit the dust! Also every deer i have shot with them havent managed to make it very far!!!! OOO yea and they fly true, just like my filedpoints. So take yalls montecs and tape 25 cents to them and toss them on the side of the road that way when somebody finds them at least they will have 25 cents!!!! Razz

Well, Mechanicals are for rookies! I'll stick with my COC BH's! Very Happy
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:31 pm

nebling wrote:
Hoyt1986 wrote:

Well, Mechanicals are for rookies! I'll stick with my COC BH's! Very Happy

YEA YEA YEA.........na in all seriousness though i think somebody should shoot what they have the MOST confidence in..... I mean when it comes to killing animals confidence is 90% and skill is 10%...........
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:48 pm

you are soooooooooooooooo untethical, skillis about 12% my friend Razz
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:05 pm

I've been tempted to use Muzzy MX-4's, just so I can say I'm still using Muzzies. I've heard they fly ok. A friend of mine uses the Muzzy 90 grain four blades, he gets decent flight out them.
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Nothing wrong with Muzzy heads Jack. Tried and true.

I'm sure if Muzzy put a little more effort into the advertising rave then I'm sure they would be recognized. On the other hand it appears that enough folks shoot them now or else they wouldnt need to at all.
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:11 pm

Muzzy is okay. I wouldn't be scared to use them. They just aren't tough enough to get me to spend my money on them.
Sneaky
Sneaky

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:23 pm

If you guys ever get the chance to open a pack of SF's and play with them, you'll either cut yourselfs or be amazed at the engineering in them. They are some serious killing machines. I don't use them on small game only because they cost too much. I haven't ever broke or bent one yet.

mangler
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:25 pm

got a spare one? Wink
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:27 am

125gr is all I shoot. I'm not sure if your draw length can handle the kind of weight. J/K bud,when you get up here for elk camp I'll have a couple arrows for you to try them out. You might not want to though, as much as they cost and as broke as you are all the time it could be the cause of a divorce for you.

mangler
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:19 am

mangler wrote:125gr is all I shoot. I'm not sure if your draw length can handle the kind of weight. J/K bud,when you get up here for elk camp I'll have a couple arrows for you to try them out. You might not want to though, as much as they cost and as broke as you are all the time it could be the cause of a divorce for you.

in that case ill take 3 dz Razz

sounds good man, things are looking good, for noe, I am buried in work, btu getting thru my projects
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum