Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite stand location?

+5
maclss1
Illustrator
Hoyt1986
Q!!
archer1983
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite stand location? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite stand location?

Post by JC-XT Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm hoping my new favorite stand location will come from my deer lease this fall. I'm going to go about 20 feet up in a big ol' gnarly oak tree where two ridges come together and drop down into a big ravine. I think I have identified a sidehill trail that I'm guessing bucks use to scope out the hillsides for does, that trail is about 20 yards from my treestand.

My favorite spot over the past few years as been in a corner of a transition area between a large bedding area and crop fields. It's only good for about the first and last hours of the day, but I see a ton of deer from that stand as they move through the oak patch between their beds and the corn. I've taken a couple of nice bucks from it and have seen some even nicer ones that I didn't get a crack at.
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:48 pm

JC-XT wrote:I'm hoping my new favorite stand location will come from my deer lease this fall. I'm going to go about 20 feet up in a big ol' gnarly oak tree where two ridges come together and drop down into a big ravine. I think I have identified a sidehill trail that I'm guessing bucks use to scope out the hillsides for does, that trail is about 20 yards from my treestand.

My favorite spot over the past few years as been in a corner of a transition area between a large bedding area and crop fields. It's only good for about the first and last hours of the day, but I see a ton of deer from that stand as they move through the oak patch between their beds and the corn. I've taken a couple of nice bucks from it and have seen some even nicer ones that I didn't get a crack at.

man I cant wait to see the trail cam pics of some of them Ill. monsters. Favorite stand location? - Page 2 879581
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:10 pm

archer1983 wrote:
JC-XT wrote:I'm hoping my new favorite stand location will come from my deer lease this fall. I'm going to go about 20 feet up in a big ol' gnarly oak tree where two ridges come together and drop down into a big ravine. I think I have identified a sidehill trail that I'm guessing bucks use to scope out the hillsides for does, that trail is about 20 yards from my treestand.

man I cant wait to see the trail cam pics of some of them Ill. monsters. Favorite stand location? - Page 2 879581

I can definitely get some. I'm usually not much of a trailcam guy because the places I've been hunting are so wide open the big boys wait until dark to come out by my stands, it hurts to see the monsters lurking out there in the dark after I've gone home.

I'm more interested in showing you guys some pictures of me holding some giant racks this fall. And after markalbob and I are done in that Madison strip club we'll go deerhunting. Very Happy

If I can take about 450 inches of antler this year I'll be a happy dude. A nice buck from Wisconsin and two from Illinois, good thing my brother in law is a taxidermist. He still has my 8 pointer from last year that I shot the day after Thanksgiving....bastard.
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:31 pm

I like my stands about 20 yards from the hole in the neighbor's high fence.
Sneaky
Sneaky

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:26 am

Sneaky wrote:I like my stands about 20 yards from the hole in the neighbor's high fence.

LOL. Marcus is going to love having you here...unless it's his high fence you're cutting holes in. Suspect
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:29 am

JC-XT wrote:
Sneaky wrote:I like my stands about 20 yards from the hole in the neighbor's high fence.

LOL. Marcus is going to love having you here...unless it's his high fence you're cutting holes in. Suspect

I wouldn't cut a hole in his fence. Where is his fence, anyway?
Sneaky
Sneaky

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:30 am

JC-XT wrote:
archer1983 wrote:

I can definitely get some. I'm usually not much of a trailcam guy because the places I've been hunting are so wide open the big boys wait until dark to come out by my stands, it hurts to see the monsters lurking out there in the dark after I've gone home.

I'm more interested in showing you guys some pictures of me holding some giant racks this fall. And after markalbob and I are done in that Madison strip club we'll go deerhunting. Very Happy

If I can take about 450 inches of antler this year I'll be a happy dude. A nice buck from Wisconsin and two from Illinois, good thing my brother in law is a taxidermist. He still has my 8 pointer from last year that I shot the day after Thanksgiving....bastard.

Trai cams are fun but yes they are torturious...purely.
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:49 pm

450 inches of antler?

I'll be happy with about 130... one deer that goes P&Y would make my year.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:52 pm

I'll be happy with a couple 320" bulls, 2 or 3 170" mulies, a couple 80" antelope, any oryx, any ibex, and ANY bighorn. Oh yeah, i want a good sheep, and a couple javi's thrown in there.
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

http://www.starrflight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2