Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turkey decoys...

3 posters

Go down

Turkey decoys... Empty Turkey decoys...

Post by archer1983 Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:50 am

How do you guys set them up?
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Turkey decoys... Empty Re: Turkey decoys...

Post by Q!! Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:05 am

1 Jake, 3 hens. hat's what I have found to work best for me. I set the jake up so it is facing me and the hens all facing away from me. If a bird comes into the jake to kick his ass he will face him, meaning he is facing away from me. If he goes in to hump on one of the hens he'll be facing away from me. I'm good either way. I usually spread the hens out about 6 yards away from each other with the jake in there close to one of the hens.
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

http://www.starrflight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:17 am

Q!! wrote:1 Jake, 3 hens. hat's what I have found to work best for me. I set the jake up so it is facing me and the hens all facing away from me. If a bird comes into the jake to kick his ass he will face him, meaning he is facing away from me. If he goes in to hump on one of the hens he'll be facing away from me. I'm good either way. I usually spread the hens out about 6 yards away from each other with the jake in there close to one of the hens.

How far from your set-up?
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:33 pm

I'm basically the same setup as Q, only I use two hens instead of three. I set them up from 20 to 30 yards.

mangler
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:42 pm

I set them up between 15 and 25 yards. The gobbler will usually circle around in front of the jake a little no matter how far the hens are out. That way when he does he may be only 10 or so yards out. Seems like the bigger birds always want to start crap with the little jakes before they go to get some. Wink
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

http://www.starrflight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down