Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

+6
gobbleinwoods
maclss1
jkcerda
nebling
archer1983
Illustrator
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? Empty Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:02 pm

I think I blew out my head gasket on my car this morning... Sad

I can't wait to see how much this is gonna cost me.

I guess I just found out what my GBBC is gonna get spent on...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? Empty Re: Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

Post by archer1983 Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:10 pm

Sorry to hear that Stephen. Sad

I hate spending money on cars too.
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? Empty Re: Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

Post by nebling Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Dang the bad luck man......car troubles SUCK!

Just think if you would have bought a PC instead of a MAC, all the money you would still have! affraid

J/K

You'd probably ride a Vespa to work before you got rid of your Mac's
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:17 pm

3-500 bucks, that is if you did not blow something else as well, good luck.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:26 pm

Noel, my Mac at home is 6 years old.. and still runs really well... maybe a new one in a year...

I'm considering getting a motorcycle with gas prices being so high... plus I have a 70 mile daily commute, so that is pretty killer.

I think I have a coolant leak as well, so I'm guessing new radiator as well as the gasket... plus possibly getting the head machined.... If it's under $1000, I'll be happy.

I'm just pissed cause my Bonus Cash was gonna go to paying off my bow, buying a new prop for my boat and actually having some screw around money after catching up on some bills... Always something, it seems....
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:30 pm

Illustrator wrote:Noel, my Mac at home is 6 years old.. and still runs really well... maybe a new one in a year...

I'm considering getting a motorcycle with gas prices being so high... plus I have a 70 mile daily commute, so that is pretty killer.

I think I have a coolant leak as well, so I'm guessing new radiator as well as the gasket... plus possibly getting the head machined.... If it's under $1000, I'll be happy.

I'm just pissed cause my Bonus Cash was gonna go to paying off my bow, buying a new prop for my boat and actually having some screw around money after catching up on some bills... Always something, it seems....

I hear you man!

I'm gonna be selling my scooter this summer. Yamaha V-Star! Nice ride, but I just don't have time to use it. Sad
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:32 pm

that blows amigo...sorry to hear that. Sad
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:36 pm

you blow amigos & are sorry to hear that? Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? 183542
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:39 pm

Noel... scooter? I thought the V Star was a motorcycle.

What year is it.. gimmee some info, if it's a motorcycle, I might seriously be interested. 27 mpg is killing me. I burn about $12 a day, just in gas, and on one income, it really hurts.

Thanks Marcus, I know you've had some truck issues lately as well.

This just really kills since I just dumped $400 into my wife's van last month, and over the last 6 months, it's been about $1200 total, plus it needs new tires and a fuel sending unit still, and now this.... No
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Illustrator wrote:Noel... scooter? I thought the V Star was a motorcycle.

What year is it.. gimmee some info, if it's a motorcycle, I might seriously be interested. 27 mpg is killing me. I burn about $12 a day, just in gas, and on one income, it really hurts.

Thanks Marcus, I know you've had some truck issues lately as well.

This just really kills since I just dumped $400 into my wife's van last month, and over the last 6 months, it's been about $1200 total, plus it needs new tires and a fuel sending unit still, and now this.... No

dude, don't even get me started on mine... scratch silent

but trust me, i know what you are going through...i still have the rear brakes to do, one more side seal (for the axle) my drivetrain seal is now leaking and i have a small leak somewhere, can smell coolant in the cab...think it may be the heater core since i just replaced 2 hoses and a thermostat last month...not to mention i have a "cylinder mis" somewhere and in my truck, i have to use the "platinum" plugs.... silent
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:43 pm

if you look for a car instead,, the toyotat Yaris is an excellent choice, 40 MPG & the car starts about 11k, not bad, LOOKS small, but get inside & drive it, cool car.
now if you go diesel (VW) you can get the veg. oil conversion, I hear they are getting about 55-60 MPG out of those affraid .
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gobbleinwoods Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:47 pm

feel your pain. I was hoping for head gasket or intake gasket but my truck has a cracked head. looking for a savage one as we piss and moan over which vehicle took the bigger crap. No
gobbleinwoods
gobbleinwoods
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:51 pm

Illustrator wrote:Noel... scooter? I thought the V Star was a motorcycle.

PM sent

it was getting 50mpg last I checked! Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? 879581

Scooter is lingo term for motorcycles! Very Happy
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:53 pm

Juan, I'd love to get a diesel. I've checke out the biodiesel kits. You can make your own bio for under $1 a dozen with waste veggie oil. If I coulda afforded a new car at the time, I woulda gotten a Yaris or Cobalt, but finances dictated, so I bought what I could. Thought I was buying a nice car... guess I was wrong...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:55 pm

gobbleinwoods wrote:feel your pain. I was hoping for head gasket or intake gasket but my truck has a cracked head. looking for a savage one as we piss and moan over which vehicle took the bigger crap. No

that sucks, i can usualy fix whatever is on the OUTSIDE of the engine, anything else I have to pay for Evil or Very Mad .
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:35 pm

jkcerda wrote:
that sucks, i can usualy fix whatever is on the OUTSIDE of the engine, anything else I have to pay for Evil or Very Mad .

You learn that in Technical college?

I didnt know they had those in Mexico. Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? 183542
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:43 pm

archer1983 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:

I didnt know they had those in Mexico. Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? 183542

"thanks Career Point" Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? 879581
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:45 pm

archer1983 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:

LOL< nope.
my mom told me once , "look at the plumber to see what he does, 40 bucks to fix a leaky faucet & all he did was change plugs Shocked ."
plumbing is very limited, shower heads & faucets, the ost I have done was replace the toilet.
been learning ever since, helped a few buds with their cars, changed brakes, alternator, starter, radiator and it wasnt even my car Shocked .
its always good to have some one to show you how to do stuff, I also buy the repair manual for whatever car I happen to own, gets you out of trouble when buds are busy.
i dont pay for tune ups,, ever, now oil change, Wally world does it cheap & I get to be in the sporting goods section while they do. Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? 879581
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:46 pm

maclss1 wrote:
archer1983 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:

"thanks Career Point" Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? 879581

LOL, what happened to home depot jocolor
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:30 pm

You frickin threadjackers! Mad I'm looking for pity and I get you guys talking about Home Depot!

Seriously though, I dunno if I'm even gonna get it fixed right now. If the cost is too high, I might just buy a motorcycle or small car and drive that...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:38 pm

I feel for ya Stephen. That sucks man. If you need to call and cry to somebody feel free to dial me up. I am a good listener.
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

http://www.starrflight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:39 pm

you got some luck Stephen........ Sad
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks guys...

I told the wife NO MORE used cars after this... I've had it with repairs. I don't care if I have to cancel my cell phone, the cable, whatever to afford something new... next time it's a new GM product or nothing at all...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Illustrator wrote:Thanks guys...

I told the wife NO MORE used cars after this... I've had it with repairs. I don't care if I have to cancel my cell phone, the cable, whatever to afford something new... next time it's a new GM product or nothing at all...

LOL< get a toyota, honda, nissan, hardly any problems.
heard good things also about the ford focus.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:26 pm

Juan, I used to have a Toyota Corolla and I drive the piss out of it. Great little car. Finally died after almost 200K... and that was putting 60K on it after getting rear-ended in it! (no Gaytards, not THAT kind of rear-ended)

I'd lean toward a Cobalt or something GM only because we get a GM discount. I'd love to have another Saturn, so I might look at the Astra as well.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum