Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

+6
gobbleinwoods
maclss1
jkcerda
nebling
archer1983
Illustrator
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? - Page 2 Empty Re: Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:27 pm

Illustrator wrote:Juan, I used to have a Toyota Corolla and I drive the piss out of it. Great little car. Finally died after almost 200K... and that was putting 60K on it after getting rear-ended in it! (no Gaytards, not THAT kind of rear-ended)

I'd lean toward a Cobalt or something GM only because we get a GM discount. I'd love to have another Saturn, so I might look at the Astra as well.

I have seen some saturns hold their own,, decent cars for what i hear.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? - Page 2 Empty Re: Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:32 pm

We had a 2001 Saturn SL2... Another really nice car. Had a pretty strong motor, loaded and still got 35 MPG out of it. In 4 years, never had a single problem with it... of course it was new when we bough it.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:41 pm

Illustrator wrote:Thanks guys...

I told the wife NO MORE used cars after this... I've had it with repairs. I don't care if I have to cancel my cell phone, the cable, whatever to afford something new... next time it's a new GM product or nothing at all...

new isn't always the best option either, Stephen...you loose right off the lot, the only thing to gain is the warranty, but most are only 36k or 3 years...they are slowly bumping them up though...you can also buy used, then look online for a extended warranty as well...

i'm in the same boat as well, but i need a large truck with 4x4, so the stickers are killing me right now...
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:49 pm

maclss1 wrote:

I told the wife NO MORE used cars after this... I've had it with repairs. I don't care if I have to cancel my cell phone, the cable, whatever to afford something new... next time it's a new GM product or nothing at all...

new isn't always the best option either, Stephen...you loose right off the lot, the only thing to gain is the warranty, but most are only 36k or 3 years...they are slowly bumping them up though...you can also buy used, then look online for a extended warranty as well...

i'm in the same boat as well, but i need a large truck with 4x4, so the stickers are killing me right now...

now is the best time to buy a truck, have a 2006 dodge megacab with 36k miles for 24 k,,
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:50 pm

I know new isn't the best typically, but I'm rough on cars since I commute so much (so I'd like something that has no problems to begin with), and we can usually buy a new car for the same price as one that is a year or two old with GM discount, so I might as well get new rather than someone's leftovers.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:52 pm

Illustrator wrote:I know new isn't the best typically, but I'm rough on cars since I commute so much (so I'd like something that has no problems to begin with), and we can usually buy a new car for the same price as one that is a year or two old with GM discount, so I might as well get new rather than someone's leftovers.

good point, i did buy my dodge with 11k miles on it...it was used, but not that much, but it's a 2003 and now has 108k miles on it...LOL

i'ma shopping still as well...
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:53 pm

jkcerda wrote:
maclss1 wrote:

now is the best time to buy a truck, have a 2006 dodge megacab with 36k miles for 24 k,,

dude, you're in CA, what the heck you need a megacab for other than making up for short comings???
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Sounds about like me. I do 15-20K per year on my car, and that's not including trips up north or whatever.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:56 pm

Illustrator wrote:Sounds about like me. I do 15-20K per year on my car, and that's not including trips up north or whatever.

and if you think you're hard on your car do to commutes....try driving the beach, it's 4x4 for 62 miles...then there's the rancho... Cool
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:00 pm

make it up for my short comings will require an 18 wheeler Embarassed .

it was one of those I like it I got it,,,bad decision, stopped driving it a while ago,5-600 bucks a month in gas is not fun Evil or Very Mad
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:02 pm

jkcerda wrote:make it up for my short comings will require an 18 wheeler Embarassed .

it was one of those I like it I got it,,,bad decision, stopped driving it a while ago,5-600 bucks a month in gas is not fun Evil or Very Mad

you sell it?

is it 4x4?
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cordwood Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:13 pm

'08, nows a great time to bargain shop for killer deals. Id look for new '07s that havent sold yet. Dealers will slash and deal to get rid of old stock to make room for the '08s. Hell, '09s will be out before long...vehicles sales are way down so theres bargains to be had. Near the end of the month(now) is the best time to negotiate as well...'end of month quotas'.

Id shop for a honda or toyota -great on gas, peppy, and are hard to kill. Even if its a '02-, you can still get a warranty from a dealer. GL!

...is it ok to talk about Home Depot now? Smile
cordwood
cordwood

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:16 pm

maclss1 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:make it up for my short comings will require an 18 wheeler Embarassed .

you sell it?

is it 4x4?
no 4x4 sorry, figured you might be intersted.
I still have it, its been collecting dust for 2 months now.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:17 pm

cordwood wrote:'08, nows a great time to bargain shop for killer deals. Id look for new '07s that havent sold yet. Dealers will slash and deal to get rid of old stock to make room for the '08s. Hell, '09s will be out before long...vehicles sales are way down so theres bargains to be had. Near the end of the month(now) is the best time to negotiate as well...'end of month quotas'.

Id shop for a honda or toyota -great on gas, peppy, and are hard to kill. Even if its a '02-, you can still get a warranty from a dealer. GL!

...is it ok to talk about Home Depot now? Smile

you bet, I see your avatar, how is my sis doing Embarassed
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:18 pm

jkcerda wrote:
maclss1 wrote:

you sell it?

is it 4x4?

dam, if it were 4x4, i'd probably take it off your hands....i needs dat 4x4...
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:21 pm

figured as much.
if mine was a diesel I would keep it & get the veg/oil conversion on it.

my nephew has a diesel 86-88 mercedes benz, gets 28 on diesel & 40 on oil affraid , runs it as much as he can on oil, hell there is a CO selling recycled oil for 2 bucks a gallon Very Happy
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:21 pm

maclss1 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:
maclss1 wrote:

you sell it?

is it 4x4?

with gas prices the waY THEY ARE YOU COULD HAVE IT IF IT WAS MINE!!!
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:22 pm

maclss1 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:
maclss1 wrote:

you sell it?

is it 4x4?

Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:22 pm

umm, can I have you instead Razz
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Hoyt1986 wrote:
maclss1 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:
maclss1 wrote:

you sell it?

is it 4x4?

quit crying!

oh, thanks for my bonus too! geek
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:25 pm

LOL, yep, soo unethical to post twice jocolor
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Just heard from the mechanic...

Car needs a WHOLE NEW FUCKING ENGINE.

So I can either spend $4000 on a new engine, $2500-3000 on a rebuilt engine, or $1000 on a used engine and pray it doesn't crap out after the 6 month warranty is up... I found one place that has used ones for $1400 including shipping, with a lifetime warranty, so I guess I'll go that route.

So much for paying off my bow or getting a new TV with my George Bush Bonus Cash.... Sad
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:02 pm

oh dang man, i'm sorry to hear that bro...

what about leasing a new one possibly?
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:06 pm

The cost of leasing would be waaaay more than I can afford. I'm making payments on this b***h right now as it is, so leasing wouldn't solve anything for me.

I'm worried I may need to tell the wife to try to find a job....
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:15 pm

Illustrator wrote:Just heard from the mechanic...

Car needs a WHOLE NEW FUCKING ENGINE.

So I can either spend $4000 on a new engine, $2500-3000 on a rebuilt engine, or $1000 on a used engine and pray it doesn't crap out after the 6 month warranty is up... I found one place that has used ones for $1400 including shipping, with a lifetime warranty, so I guess I'll go that route.

So much for paying off my bow or getting a new TV with my George Bush Bonus Cash.... Sad

that sucks stephen sorry to hear that... Sad
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum