Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

+6
gobbleinwoods
maclss1
jkcerda
nebling
archer1983
Illustrator
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? - Page 3 Empty Re: Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:19 pm

which car are you talking about, the van?
also does the 1400 include install?
pepboys & autozone had decent deals on rebuilt ones I thought.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? - Page 3 Empty Re: Car Takes a Crap... When will it end?

Post by cordwood Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:22 pm

dang...sry to hear that bro. Sad

I wish I was in a position to help...if I ever win the lotto, im gonna give you my old pos truck! It only needs new shocks, tires, and a cv-boot. But its a yota, it'll last ya for 4L. Wink
cordwood
cordwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoyt1986 Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Dang man that BLOWS, but hey look at the bright side at least you aint paralyzed or nothing so it could be worse! You'll figure it out!!! If worse comes to worse just sell it out right for parts and get another one! Wish i could help man!
Hoyt1986
Hoyt1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Thanks guys...

This is my Sebring.

$1400 is just for the motor, and then another 600-800 for the install.

A remanufactured will easily run north of $3000, including the install. (One quote was for $3300 for the whole deal)

I'll see what Autozone can do for me.. No Pep Boys within many hundreds of miles of me....

Thanks Scott... I need a hunting truck!

Sell it for parts? Yeah.. and I'd still owe $3000 on it....

Last edited by Illustrator on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:26 pm

cordwood wrote:dang...sry to hear that bro. Sad

I wish I was in a position to help...if I ever win the lotto, im gonna give you my old pos truck! It only needs new shocks, tires, and a cv-boot. But its a yota, it'll last ya for 4L. Wink

I have an Isuzu Rodeo v6 94 with 186k miles runs great, it leaks a bit of water, need to find out from where, it has never overheated & runs awesome, AC works, just put in new front brakes. good car.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Illustrator wrote:Thanks guys...

This is my Sebring.

$1400 is just for the motor, and then another 600-800 for the install.

A remanufactured will easily run north of $3000, including the install. (One quote was for $3300 for the whole deal)

I'll see what Autozone can do for me.. No Pep Boys within many hundreds of miles of me....

Thanks Scott... I need a hunting truck!

Sell it for parts? Yeah.. and I'd still owe $3000 on it....

sorry to hear that man.
ill start w/o you & whenever you can just catch up.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:29 pm

jkcerda wrote:

I have an Isuzu Rodeo v6 94 with 186k miles runs great, it leaks a bit of water, need to find out from where, it has never overheated & runs awesome, AC works, just put in new front brakes. good car.

I wouldnt bite Stephen, this car is probably hot. Shocked
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:30 pm

archer1983 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:

I wouldnt bite Stephen, this car is probably hot. Shocked

LOL, not for sale my friends.
been offered 2000 for it, no deal, the wife likes it, steers like a car, real smooth. Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? - Page 3 879581
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:06 pm

Thanks Juan... if it wasn't for this, I'd send the whole $60 (or more and be done)

The only way Juan would send it to me is if he could cram some relatives in it to work the dairy farms when he shipped it out to me. rabbit
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:11 pm

Illustrator wrote:Thanks Juan... if it wasn't for this, I'd send the whole $60 (or more and be done)

The only way Juan would send it to me is if he could cram some relatives in it to work the dairy farms when he shipped it out to me. rabbit

Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? - Page 3 527368 Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? - Page 3 527368
so true.Car Takes a Crap... When will it end? - Page 3 379798 .

no sale, I just mentioned it to you cause I do like this old beater, its been in the family for about 10 years & it was bought used affraid .
my nephew had it for about 6-7 years b4 he decided to sell it, I got forst dibs, he has regretted it ever since Twisted Evil .

good luck my man.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:13 pm

If my car was a Toyota, I know I wouldn't be having this problem, I hate to say....

I want to buy American, but the quality difference IS there...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Illustrator wrote:If my car was a Toyota, I know I wouldn't be having this problem, I hate to say....

I want to buy American, but the quality difference IS there...

you bet, I think the Focus was considered a good american car, a little small for a family, but I think a few guys that i know liked theirs.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:19 pm

Ford has come a lot way. The Chrysler offerings for small cars are limited. I get a GM discount, so I see a Cobalt in my future. I'll drop a new motor in this thing, keep it for a year or so and sell it and be done...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:23 pm

is saturn part of GM?
seen a few here owned by mescans & they love theirs, not to mention you can pick a decent one up cheap.
these boys got theirs for 2-3 grand 2002-2004 with less than 100 k miles & the guys said they loved it, had their for 2-3 years already with minimal problems.
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:25 pm

I had an SL2 and loved it until a little Mexican lady (no offense meant Juan) decided to change lanes into me, and sent me flying into a retaining wall on icy roads and totaled it.

The new Astra (their small car) are freakin EXPENSIVE!! 3 door's MSRP is like $18K! affraid

I can buy a low-endCobalt, but with Air and a spoiler for like $11K...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:28 pm

Illustrator wrote:I had an SL2 and loved it until a little Mexican lady (no offense meant Juan) decided to change lanes into me, and sent me flying into a retaining wall on icy roads and totaled it.

The new Astra (their small car) are freakin EXPENSIVE!! 3 door's MSRP is like $18K! affraid

I can but a stripped Cobalt, but with Air and a spoiler for like $11K...
you just know you have to have that spoiler tongue .

I was thinking more along the lines of used for the amount of cash you are talking about.
what happpened to the motor anyway?
overheated & cracked the heads?

BTW, my sis says it was your fault, YOU should have known she was going to change lanes Razz
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:38 pm

Of course you have to have the spoiler!

Well, i should have just bought a new car to begin with, but my wife didn't want a big payment, and my Sebring can fit 3 carseats in the back, which a Cobalt won't. I'd have to move up to a Malibu and that's some serious cake.

Car overheated, blew the head gasket, toasted the lifters, rings, he thinks a piston warped/cracked, head is warped and possibly cracked, and who knows what else. Basically he could fix everything and it'd be the same as a new motor, without the warranty of a new (used motor). Any used motor gets inspected, pressure tested, cleaned, etc, so I feel pretty good that I'll get something that will last for as long as I own it. Plus the car has 80K on it, and the motor I'll get will have between 20 and 40K on it, so that should help when I sell it one day.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:05 pm

jkcerda wrote:is saturn part of GM?
seen a few here owned by mescans & they love theirs, not to mention you can pick a decent one up cheap.
these boys got theirs for 2-3 grand 2002-2004 with less than 100 k miles & the guys said they loved it, had their for 2-3 years already with minimal problems.

they only like cars that fit at least 6..Wink

around here they stuff no less than 5 in a regular cab truck. No
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:37 pm

archer1983 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:is saturn part of GM?

they only like cars that fit at least 6..Wink

around here they stuff no less than 5 in a regular cab truck. No
there are always 2 in the trunk Razz
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum