Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of music does everyone like?

+6
nebling
archer1983
Q!!
markalbob
maclss1
Illustrator
10 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What kind of music does everyone like? Empty What kind of music does everyone like?

Post by Illustrator Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:30 am

What kind of music do you guys listen to?

I myself have pretty diverse tastes, but I tend to lean toward heavier stuff like Tool, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, Chevelle and the like. Another favorite of mine is Skillet, a Christan rock band that is really good, but I also like classic rock and some of the 60s standards. NOT into country, however, but I can appreciate a good Toby Keith bus song.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

What kind of music does everyone like? Empty Re: What kind of music does everyone like?

Post by maclss1 Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:36 am

i like the hard rock, some head banging stuff as well....no christian stuff for me....i love TX Country though, a lot better than what's played on the radio...little Kevin Fowler, Randy Rogers Band, Jason Aldean, etc, etc...

i like Trance (techno glowstick stuff) as well. Suspect
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

What kind of music does everyone like? Empty Re: What kind of music does everyone like?

Post by Illustrator Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 am

If you like hard rock, you should check out Skillet. Definately not the typical Christian "bash you over the head with Jesus" type stuff... really good!

I like Trance, House, Downtempo... all that shit as well... good chill out music!

I like most anything... except Jazz Sleep
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:40 am

I'm a HUGE fan or Steve Earle, like a lot of older metal (Maiden, old Metallica, even some Scorpions and crap like that on through Bush, Nirvana, Linkin Park) and some of the newer but I listen to a lot of NPR on the way to and from work because all Madison has is morning dj's talking and talking and talking instead of actually playing any music, so as a result I'm not very "current" on my music anymore.......bout 4 years behind
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:43 am

Linkin is another fave of mine...

Mark, I think we're possibly related, which is scary and exciting all at the same time.

I'm an NPR listener as well... most of my music exposure comes from streaming music via iTunes. I've found a pretty good station that plays a really nice mix. They'll play something really obscure, then something mainstream, then an emo song, then some NuMetal... pretty cool.. otherwise I'd be out of it as well, since I still like loud music and my wife would rather listen to nothing.... so of course nothing wins out Crying or Very sad
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:47 am

yeah, because so much of my work is phone-based I can't just stream metal.

something about "Hello, Drug discovery, this is Mark speaking, how may I help you?" with something like "Angels and Insects" or "Laid" playing in the background might not help instill confidence when I'm troubleshooting someone's quarter-million dollar screening project..... Rolling Eyes
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 am

You know Mark, you never know...

it's funny cause I'll have my boss come walking in and I discretely hit my mute button because invariably it's when something like Kid Rock, and usually right in the middle of "I wanna fuck you like I'm never gonna see you again..."

Shocked
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 am

I like the hard stuff as well. I love me some older hard rock. Metallica, Megadeath and the like. I also listen to alot of late 80's early 90's grunge. Doesn't get any better than Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and some Soundgarden. My Sirius hasn't moved from channel 24 (Lithium, the grunge station) in 2 years. I love it. I can take a little country here and there also. Oh yeah, and I like me some 80's and 90's rap also. My IPod is full of old NWA, Snoop Dogg and stuff. Wink

Linkin Park?? No thanks. They are to much "music for the masses" for me.
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

http://www.starrflight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:54 am

I love rolling into my mother in law's with my windows down and bumping some Eminem or Snoop Dog.... if for nothing else, to watch my wife roll her eyes and try to avoid eye contact with her Mom or whoever else might be there :p
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:02 pm

I got so drunk once I rolled out of the car (couldn't stand and get out) and peed in their driveway, then went inside and Erica had to feed me because my fork couldn't find my mouth.....They also once watched me accidentally grab a water moccasin by the tail and then shoot about 4 feet into the air when I realized what I had, saw me roll a newspaper sheet into a tight cone and shoot it through a length of pipe and into a chickadee at their bird feeder, and a host of other random incidents.....

by now, Music is the least of their worries.....
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Metal bands, country, anything pretty much,

I like going to Chesney concerts..but also I like some metal, just not RAP.

IMO its not music
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Glad to hear some of you drink... Wink
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:05 pm

Mark wins... I can't even come close to beating any of that...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:08 pm

funny, they like me anyway.

but I did manage to do all of that, and her dad's already cleared me to shoot a turkey at the feeder; he's sick of them crapping in the lawn, dusting in his garden, and hopping onto the feeder......
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by markalbob Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:08 pm

try the peeing in the in-laws driveway once Stephen.....tell your wife it's an ice-breaker
markalbob
markalbob
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Q!! wrote:I like the hard stuff as well. I love me some older hard rock. Metallica, Megadeath and the like. I also listen to alot of late 80's early 90's grunge. Doesn't get any better than Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and some Soundgarden. My Sirius hasn't moved from channel 24 (Lithium, the grunge station) in 2 years. I love it. I can take a little country here and there also. Oh yeah, and I like me some 80's and 90's rap also. My IPod is full of old NWA, Snoop Dogg and stuff. Wink

Sounds like we will get along just fine then.... Cool
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Did Archer say Chesney??? Ummmmmmm, don't only gay men listen to Chesney????

Ok, what about the time, I had to take a dump REALLY bad and couldn't make it home, so I stopped at my in-laws. My mother-in-law should have been at her office by that time so I thought I would be alone. I ran into the bathroom, and there she stood, butt naked rubbing one of her boobs. (checking for lumps???????) Talk about uncomfortable.
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:10 pm

archer1983 wrote:
Q!! wrote:I like the hard stuff as well. I love me some older hard rock. Metallica, Megadeath and the like. I also listen to alot of late 80's early 90's grunge. Doesn't get any better than Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and some Soundgarden. My Sirius hasn't moved from channel 24 (Lithium, the grunge station) in 2 years. I love it. I can take a little country here and there also. Oh yeah, and I like me some 80's and 90's rap also. My IPod is full of old NWA, Snoop Dogg and stuff. Wink

Sounds like we will get along just fine then.... Cool

I think we will. As long as you keep the Chesney FAR away from sheep camp. Wink
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Yeah, no Chesney at sheep camp!!! Or mother in law's checking for lumps... or pissing in front of me while drunk... a guy can only take so much.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:12 pm

Q!! wrote:I think we will. As long as you keep the Chesney FAR away from sheep camp. Wink

What kind of music does everyone like? 824233
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:13 pm

There will be much peeing in front of you my freind. I don't want to have to walk off into the desert to pee while we are sitting around the fire drinking beer.
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:13 pm

archer1983 wrote:
Q!! wrote:I think we will. As long as you keep the Chesney FAR away from sheep camp. Wink

What kind of music does everyone like? 824233

Please refer to my last post on page one for my feelings on Chesney.
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:15 pm

Q!! wrote:Please refer to my last post on page one for my feelings on Chesney.

Have you ever heard of Clutch?
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Q!! wrote:There will be much peeing in front of you my freind. I don't want to have to walk off into the desert to pee while we are sitting around the fire drinking beer.

I should clarify.. no whipping your gear out in front of me and pissing... at least have the decency to turn around. I love you all dearly, but being face to dick with any of you... I have no interest in that.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:20 pm

Illustrator wrote:I should clarify.. no whipping your gear out in front of me and pissing... at least have the decency to turn around. I love you all dearly, but being face to dick with any of you... I have no interest in that.

LMAO...

What kind of music does everyone like? 527368 What kind of music does everyone like? 527368 What kind of music does everyone like? 527368
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum