Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slowcam Chrono Results

+7
archer1983
jkcerda
cordwood
nebling
markalbob
Hoyt1986
JC-XT
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Slowcam Chrono Results

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:07 pm

JC-XT wrote:
jkcerda wrote:still interested in knowing what kind of arrow you shoot.

The lighter arrows were Carbon Express Terminator Lite Hunters 4560's.

The heavier arrows were Carbon Express Hunter Selects 5570's.

I'm sure I could get my speeds up to 275 if I dropped my arrow weight down around 350, but light arrows are unethical and they just bounce off of the biguns that I shoot. And the wind always blows hard on the Illinois prairie, I can't have a light arrow that gets blown two feet off course when I'm taking 86 yard shots. Do I need to get SEO and ATL over here and explain the theory of momentum and penetration to you rookies??? Very Happy

Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 527368 Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 527368
dont forget, you need to hear them drinking water first. Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 379798

and I bet the wind is NOT the ONLY thing that is blowing hard there tongue

Last edited by jkcerda on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:08 pm

Then why are you even shooting a compound bow? Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 183542

Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 527368
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:14 pm

nebling wrote:Then why are you even shooting a compound bow? Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 183542

Well son...I've been shooting deer with bows a lot slower than my XT for about 20 years now. And every deer I've killed has been completely dead, not just "mostly dead" because my arrow didn't go through them fast enough. Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 379798

And by the way, I kill all my deer on my own. I do my own scouting, stand hanging, trail clearing, you name it. I just prefer doing it my own way rather than the Nubby way. The Nubby way of course is giving out unlimited BJ's to guys from Kansas so they'll let him hunt their land, and they'll hold his hand and show him where to sit and how to shoot a deer. Shocked
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:16 pm

JC-XT wrote:
nebling wrote:Then why are you even shooting a compound bow? Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 183542

Well son...I've been shooting deer with bows a lot slower than my XT for about 20 years now. And every deer I've killed has been completely dead, not just "mostly dead" because my arrow didn't go through them fast enough. Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 379798

And by the way, I kill all my deer on my own. I do my own scouting, stand hanging, trail clearing, you name it. I just prefer doing it my own way rather than the Nubby way. The Nubby way of course is giving out unlimited BJ's to guys from Kansas so they'll let him hunt their land, and they'll hold his hand and show him where to sit and how to shoot a deer. Shocked

umm, i think thats the sheep campers way tongue .

are you sure they are dead dead & not just faking it? jocolor
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:23 pm

jkcerda wrote:
JC-XT wrote:

I'm pretty sure they were dead dead...otherwise my freezer would be all dented up on the inside from where they would have been trying to get out. Laughing

I actually don't mind the speed I'm getting from my XT, I'm also shooting two year old factory strings with it so I'm assuming I'll pick up some extra FPS when I get a new string here pretty soon. If I was richer or if Michael was willing to trade my XT even up for a new GTO then I'd probably make a change, but I'm pretty happy with my XT. Plus, if I didn't shoot a Mathews what would I do with all of my window stickers, hats, and shirts? Razz
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:33 pm

AW Jack, that's not nice........

I think it's called "speed envy"! Very Happy
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:37 pm

JC-XT wrote:
jkcerda wrote:
JC-XT wrote:

I'm pretty sure they were dead dead...otherwise my freezer would be all dented up on the inside from where they would have been trying to get out. Laughing

I actually don't mind the speed I'm getting from my XT, I'm also shooting two year old factory strings with it so I'm assuming I'll pick up some extra FPS when I get a new string here pretty soon. If I was richer or if Michael was willing to trade my XT even up for a new GTO then I'd probably make a change, but I'm pretty happy with my XT. Plus, if I didn't shoot a Mathews what would I do with all of my window stickers, hats, and shirts? Razz

Send me the hats and stuff... I don't see my DXT getting sold anytime soon.... unless I have to sell it to pay for my car repairs.... Sad
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:51 pm

nebling wrote:AW Jack, that's not nice........

Awww Noel...I think the "speed guys" are suffering from a severe case of "overcompensation". Suspect

Besides, I can't just sit here and let you guys make fun of me. If I just laid here and let you guys line up and gang up on me then I'd be just like Nubby while he was on a nonresident deerhunt in Kansas. king
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:57 pm

JC-XT wrote:
nebling wrote:AW Jack, that's not nice........

Awww Noel...I think the "speed guys" are suffering from a severe case of "overcompensation". Suspect

Besides, I can't just sit here and let you guys make fun of me. If I just laid here and let you guys line up and gang up on me then I'd be just like Nubby while he was on a nonresident deerhunt in Kansas. king

LOL,, I am sure it will not be the first time you were gonged up on tongue
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:05 pm

Just remember who started this Elite fan-boy club off! Q!! has one now, Archer has one now, Juan wants one, Mark would have bought one, on and on and on.......

Elite's like the bows everyone wants, and gets jealous if they don't have one...

Don't be a hater Jack! Very Happy

I love ya man! Speed was the LAST thing on my list of what I really want in a bow, the GTO just had ALL the other stuff I wanted, the speed was like a bonus!!! Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 879581
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:07 pm

nebling wrote:Just remember who started this Elite fan-boy club off! Q!! has one now, Archer has one now, Juan wants one, Mark would have bought one, on and on and on.......

Elite's like the bows everyone wants, and gets jealous if they don't have one...

Don't be a hater Jack! Very Happy

I love ya man! Speed was the LAST thing on my list of what I really want in a bow, the GTO just had ALL the other stuff I wanted, the speed was like a bonus!!! Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 879581

fan-boy, fan-boy, fan-boy, wait, i want one too Embarassed
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:07 pm

dont' listen to them Jack....more speed = more problems if the bow ain't tuned just right...

keep on keep'n on my friend, we will be the SBXT fan boys here now and forever...for the record, i only pull 52#'s and do just fine with my setup!
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:18 pm

maclss1 wrote:dont' listen to them Jack....more speed = more problems if the bow ain't tuned just right...

keep on keep'n on my friend, we will be the SBXT fan boys here now and forever...for the record, i only pull 52#'s and do just fine with my setup!

LOL< but it was nice picking on jack for a bit, we know he is busy with his girls & work so he has little time to come up with the awesome educated funny post that he usually comes upi with. tongue
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:22 pm

maclss1 wrote:dont' listen to them Jack....more speed = more problems if the bow ain't tuned just right...

Thanks Marcus, I am very pleased with my SBXT. I'm sure the "speedies" will still be clinging to their chronograph readings this fall while they are looking at pictures of us and our XT's posing with some giant whitetail bucks. Cool

From a speed standpoint, I am hoping to pick up about 10 fps when I get a new string put on. I'm pretty sure a two year old factory string isn't giving me max performance.
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:26 pm

JC-XT wrote:

Thanks Marcus, I am very pleased with my SBXT. I'm sure the "speedies" will still be clinging to their chronograph readings this fall while they are looking at pictures of us and our XT's posing with some giant whitetail bucks. Cool

From a speed standpoint, I am hoping to pick up about 10 fps when I get a new string put on. I'm pretty sure a two year old factory string isn't giving me max performance.

sweet hearth, as long as you are happy, who cares what the rest think. tongue .

you know we love you & are just teasing you. jocolor
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:29 pm

JC-XT wrote:

that's right buddy....us "slow pokes" can still get'r done!

blew right through this fine specimen!

[img]Slowcam Chrono Results - Page 2 Hog_6412[/img]
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:31 pm

OMG, its Nicholas Cage with pig Razz

and it looks like someone goosed him tongue
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:33 pm

jkcerda wrote:OMG, its Nicholas Cage with pig Razz

don't be jealous Juanito... geek
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:35 pm

maclss1 wrote:
jkcerda wrote:OMG, its Nicholas Cage with pig Razz

don't be jealous Juanito... geek

LOL, BTW if you want to mount him, you should be at either end tongue
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JC-XT Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:39 pm

jkcerda wrote:sweet hearth, as long as you are happy, who cares what the rest think. tongue .

I know, that's what disturbs me. I can picture all of you guys sitting pantsless at your computers staring at the picture of me that you printed out, giggling the whole time you're typing your posts.

I was expecting to get a bunch of grief from you guys when I posted my chrono speeds, I was looking forward to seeing what you guys would come up with. Very Happy

I knew I wasn't getting the fastest bow in the world when I bought the XT, but I love the way it shoots. And after two hunting seasons I have no complaints. The arrows go where I aim, I've had complete pass-throughs on all my deer, and I've never seen deer have such little reaction after getting shot. My SBXT is so quiet that the deer just don't know what happened and just trot off a little ways before keeling over. The only one that took off was a doe I shot at 25 yards and she was staring me down in the stand the whole time. She knew I was there and was trying to figure out what I was when I shot her. I usually don't take those shots, but my bow was fast enough that she couldn't duck it and she only made it about 100 yards before going down for good.

Plus, the biggest reason I like it is because almost all the guys I hunt and shoot with have them too. We are thinking of starting our own Central Illinois SBXT Fanboy Archery Club...or CISFAC for short. What a Face
JC-XT
JC-XT
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:40 pm

can you re-post the pic, this one is very sticky Razz , wonder if you have different posses & angles Twisted Evil
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maclss1 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:41 pm

IN DA FACE???
maclss1
maclss1
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:43 pm

JC-XT wrote:
jkcerda wrote:sweet hearth, as long as you are happy, who cares what the rest think. tongue .

I know, that's what disturbs me. I can picture all of you guys sitting pantsless at your computers staring at the picture of me that you printed out, giggling the whole time you're typing your posts.

I was expecting to get a bunch of grief from you guys when I posted my chrono speeds, I was looking forward to seeing what you guys would come up with. Very Happy

I knew I wasn't getting the fastest bow in the world when I bought the XT, but I love the way it shoots. And after two hunting seasons I have no complaints. The arrows go where I aim, I've had complete pass-throughs on all my deer, and I've never seen deer have such little reaction after getting shot. My SBXT is so quiet that the deer just don't know what happened and just trot off a little ways before keeling over. The only one that took off was a doe I shot at 25 yards and she was staring me down in the stand the whole time. She knew I was there and was trying to figure out what I was when I shot her. I usually don't take those shots, but my bow was fast enough that she couldn't duck it and she only made it about 100 yards before going down for good.

Plus, the biggest reason I like it is because almost all the guys I hunt and shoot with have them too. We are thinking of starting our own Central Illinois SBXT Fanboy Archery Club...or CISFAC for short. What a Face

you aim for the opposite side of the deer? scratch , that is sooooo unethical geek
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gobbleinwoods Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:59 pm

did you have to drag that pig out of the cage before you took the picture?
gobbleinwoods
gobbleinwoods
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jkcerda Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:01 pm

gobbleinwoods wrote:did you have to drag that pig out of the cage before you took the picture?

nahh, he just took the collar off tongue pirat
jkcerda
jkcerda
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum