Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune!

+3
archer1983
nebling
Illustrator
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune! - Page 4 Empty Re: Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune!

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:26 pm

Q!! wrote:Next Tuesday. We went out and set-up 3 ground blinds yesterday. Gonna try and be patient and sit in the bling for more than 5 minutes this year.

LOL, you a good caller?

you going gun or bow?
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune! - Page 4 Empty Re: Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune!

Post by Illustrator Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:10 pm

I gotta try to get my blind set up this weekend. My season starts on the 5th, but I like to get my shit set up early. Of course I can't call for shit, so we'll see!
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Illustrator wrote:I gotta try to get my blind set up this weekend. My season starts on the 5th, but I like to get my shit set up early. Of course I can't call for shit, so we'll see!

awesome man, if ya still want to...

the offer is still up to turkey hunt down here with me. pirat

been seeing or hearing any? cherry
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:17 pm

archer1983 wrote:
Q!! wrote:Next Tuesday. We went out and set-up 3 ground blinds yesterday. Gonna try and be patient and sit in the bling for more than 5 minutes this year.

LOL, you a good caller?

you going gun or bow?

I like to think i am a good caller. I am pretty darn good i guess. I have 7 different calls I bring along with me. Wink And turkey is all about the bow. Wink
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

http://www.starrflight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Q!! wrote:
archer1983 wrote:

LOL, you a good caller?

you going gun or bow?

I like to think i am a good caller. I am pretty darn good i guess. I have 7 different calls I bring along with me. Wink And turkey is all about the bow. Wink

I'm gonna try to get one with a gun first then try the bow. Should be good, might even have some pics to show! Basketball
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Q!! Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:26 pm

I usually go at it with the bow for a few weeks. If I still have a tag left with a couple days left I'll take the scatter gun out. Or the .22. Wink Whatever I decide upon.
Q!!
Q!!
Founding Member

http://www.starrflight.com

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:27 pm

Q!! wrote:I usually go at it with the bow for a few weeks. If I still have a tag left with a couple days left I'll take the scatter gun out. Or the .22. Wink Whatever I decide upon.

scatter gun? LOL ill get a pic of my gun here in a sec....
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:48 pm

We have birds everywhere up here, but I haven't seen any on the farm, but haven't had any time to go back to the woods and watch...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:50 am

Well...........................di you get it back yet??? Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune! - Page 4 183542
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:04 am

Nope, haven't gotten it yet. I expect it to show up today.

I need to get some chrono numbers from Michael, especially if he tested it with her arrow, not to mention figure out what kind of Sword I'm gonna buy for it Smile
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:11 am

Illustrator wrote:Nope, haven't gotten it yet. I expect it to show up today.

I need to get some chrono numbers from Michael, especially if he tested it with her arrow, not to mention figure out what kind of Sword I'm gonna buy for it Smile

Definitely get the micro pin guard! Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune! - Page 4 879581 I love that smaller ring around the pins! Looks great and matches the 3/16" peep nicely!
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:14 am

Which should I get her, the Apex or Hunter, and what is the difference? They look almost identical.

Of course she's not gonna like that it's not in camo to match her bow...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:18 am

The Apex does not have 3rd axis, and does not have extended fibers.

The Twilight does have 3rd axis, and has extended fibers.

I have/had the Apex Micro Hunter on my Tribute and loved it, pretty small and light, probably a good sight for her bow, and won't break the bank either! Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune! - Page 4 879581
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:33 am

Extended fibers... meaning it's wrapped? She wants something wrapped, so the pins are really bright.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:38 am

Illustrator wrote:Extended fibers... meaning it's wrapped? She wants something wrapped, so the pins are really bright.

No, the fibers actually run down through the mounting arm on the Twilight, and the apex just has the fibers wrapped around the end.

Trust me though, My Apex was extremely bright!! I very rarely used the light on the .019 pins! Very Happy

*** EDIT *** I stand corrected. Here's the '08 Twilight Hunter.

Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune! - Page 4 2008_s10

Last edited by nebling on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:41 am

OK< well I'll sell her TR and then figure out which direction she wants to go. It's her bow, so I want her to be happy. Probably get a Sword or a Cobra Boomslang. She really liked that sight as well...
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:44 am

Illustrator wrote:OK< well I'll sell her TR and then figure out which direction she wants to go. It's her bow, so I want her to be happy. Probably get a Sword or a Cobra Boomslang. She really liked that sight as well...

Check my edit, the page before, and you'll see the new '08 Twilight hunter up close! Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune! - Page 4 879581
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:48 am

That is a pretty sweet looking setup. I'm gonna play more with my TR as well.... if I don't like it, I know what I'll be switching to.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:01 am

I think I'm gonna give TR another chance. I want to like the sights but its hard...

I have a 3 pin Matrix that I might convert to a one pin only sight. I imagine that Airborne will shoot pretty flat, with some compensation with yardage.

Let us know when Darla gets her bow, I will be interested in hearing her opinion after the tune.
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:03 am

Darla sez:" if the sight can't match the camo on my bow, then I want a black sight."

Soo, it looks like she'll be cool with a Sword... unless she makes me buy her a Cobra tongue

Michael shipped it back yesterday, so hopefully I'll have it today or tomorrow.... sweet! She's dying to shoot it... I'll be sure to post her thoughts on it.

If you're interested, I'll have her Micro Matrix for sale..... 5 pin, 3rd axis, .19 pins... pretty nice sight.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:06 am

cool, u guys gonna do some 3-d this summer?
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:15 am

Yep, we've shot one tourney at our local club, missed the second since her bow was at Michael's, but the next one is oina couple weeks, so we'll be shooting that. This will be the first outdoor shoot of the year, so I'm looking forward to that.
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by archer1983 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:18 am

cool, when do you get the Mathews?
archer1983
archer1983
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Illustrator Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:03 am

In May... gotta make a payment this weekend, and then just one more. I'm hoping I get that stimulus check quick, so I can use that to pay it off, buy a case and the like.

I just had to drop $400 into my wife's van, so that was a major killer....
Illustrator
Illustrator
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nebling Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:50 pm

SO......................what's the word Stephen????? Darla's bow off to Michael to Supertune! - Page 4 183542
nebling
nebling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next